BENTON HARBOR, Mich., June 28, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Whirlpool Corporation, the world's leading manufacturer of major home appliances, will introduce several innovative new products to the builder industry at the PCBC conference June 28 - 29 in San Diego.
"Purposeful innovation is a core competency at Whirlpool Corporation," said Bob Bergeth, general manager of Contract Builder Sales at Whirlpool Corporation. "We're proud to showcase our culture of innovation at PCBC by introducing products that will transform the way consumers cook and clean. Show attendees will also have the opportunity to meet a few of the creative minds that developed these products."
Featured products at the Whirlpool Corporation booth (#2012) include:
The Whirlpool® Sunset Bronze Kitchen Suite, bringing to market a breakthrough, warm-tone, painted stainless steel suite. The new line pushes design standards, achieving a timeless and approachable finish that fits any kitchen aesthetic - new or existing. The color, which is achieved by color blocking painted stainless steel, is a perfect blend of gold, copper and bronze tones. The new collection is also fingerprint-resistant, so families can enjoy this versatile new finish that also reduces the visibility of pesky smudges. The Sunset Bronze Kitchen Suite is expected to be in-market this fall.
Sunset Bronze isn't the only new color finish making its debut at PCBC. Builders can also experience the Whirlpool® Fingerprint Resistant Black Stainless Steel Kitchen Suite at the show. The fingerprint resistant matte black finish is designed to create a space that reflects personal taste, hides fingerprints, smudges and daily wear and easily wipes clean. The rich metallic black in a soft, brushed, matte finish allows for a neutral canvas in the most important room in the house.
"We're blurring the line between furniture and machine in our designs," said Jason Tippetts, Global Brands Design Manager at Whirlpool Corporation. "Satin and matte finishes help builders blend with other materials in the kitchen, creating continuity from surface to surface. This is especially important because the kitchen has integrated into families' living spaces and is truly the hub of the home."
Other featured Whirlpool Corporation products on display at the show include:
The award-winning Whirlpool® Fingerprint Resistant Smart Kitchen Suite, featuring Scan-to-Cook and Assisted Cooking technology. The suite, which received both a 2017 CES Innovation Award as well as a 2017 PCBC Parade of Products (POP @ PCBC) award, also allows remote control of the refrigerator, dishwasher and range via the Whirlpool® mobile app1.
- KitchenAid® 23.5 cu. ft. 36" Counter-Depth French Door Refrigerator with FreshVue™ Door-within-Door: The only refrigerator with a FreshVue™ exterior door-within-door with a window that illuminates as you approach to see and access frequently used ingredients. Other flexible storage features include an under-shelf prep zone and slide-away shelf for tall items. The Preserva® Food Care System with Linear Compressor helps maintain peak freshness.
- KitchenAid® 36'' 6-Burner Dual Fuel Freestanding Range and Wall-Mount Canopy Hood, Commercial-Style: These commercial-style products bring the tools of restaurant chefs into residential kitchens. The range is available in a variety of bold colors, including Cobalt Blue and Signature Red (which will be on display at the show) and features a gas cooktop with electric oven. The three-speed, 36-inch ventilation hood has commercial-style design and performance and can be paired over commercial-style rangetops and cooktops.
- Jenn-Air® brand's new collection of sleek module cooktops, including the 15" Modular Electric Griddle, 15" 2-Burner Modular Gas Cooktop and the 15" Modular Induction Wok. All cooktops offer true flush-to-counter installation, giving homeowners a range of options for maximum customization.
- The Zera™ Food Recycler, which gives consumers an easy and convenient way to help reduce the amount of waste they're sending to the landfill by converting food waste into ready-to-use, homemade fertilizer.
- Whirlpool® Smart All-in-One Care™ Washer and Dryer Combo: With features such as Transfer-Free and Compact Washing and Drying and Load & GoTM Bulk Dispensing, each feature of the washer and dryer combo is designed to help fill a real consumer need, remove guesswork and help families get the job done.
Members of the Whirlpool Corporation Global Design and Connectivity teams will be in attendance at the show to discuss the latest trends in design and connectivity and more importantly, how builders can learn more about appliances that solve consumers' problems with exceptional design and purposeful technology.
For more information on all Whirlpool Corporation products, please visit InsideAdvantage.com.
ABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 93,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2016. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com, or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
1Wifi & App required. Features subject to change. For details and privacy statement, visit whirlpool.com/connect.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/whirlpool-corporation-introduces-groundbreaking-new-products-to-builder-industry-at-pcbc-300481039.html
SOURCE Whirlpool Corporation