BENTON HARBOR, Mich., Jan. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Whirlpool Corporation experts will share their insights on the future of appliance design and how connectivity and the Internet of Things will change consumers' daily lives at the fourth annual Design & Construction Week (DCW).
The world's leading manufacturer of major home appliances will also showcase many of its innovative, award-winning products in several locations at DCW, which is the co-location of the National Association for Home Builders' International Builders Show (IBS) and the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS). The show, which brings together more than 80,000 design and construction professionals, is the largest annual gathering of the residential design and construction industry. DCW takes place in Orlando, Fla. from Jan. 10-12, 2017.
"We're looking forward to sharing the expertise of our connectivity and design teams with our builder partners at Design & Construction Week," said Bob Bergeth, general manager of Contract Builder Sales at Whirlpool Corporation. "Our company's drive for consumer-focused innovation is unparalleled, which is reflected in the wide variety of appliances we will feature at the show."
Two Whirlpool Corporation experts - Christopher Kelson and Jason Tippetts - will be on hand to discuss the future of home appliances.
Christopher Kelson is Global Product Manager, Connected Home at Whirlpool Corporation. He will provide insights about the Internet of Things (IoT), connected appliances and consumer products.
"The best technology allows us to be more human," Kelson said. "Connectivity will allow us to personalize the in-home experience for our customers, allowing them to care for their families better, faster and smarter. Those insights are what drive our innovations."
Jason Tippetts, Global Brands Design Manager, has led several design initiatives at Whirlpool Corporation in the last nine years and will discuss appliance trends for 2017 and beyond.
"Our Global Consumer Design team has studied the cultures, behaviors and needs of diverse consumers, and we aim to bring those unique emotional and personal connections to life through design," he said.
In addition to featuring products in four homes in the Show Village neighborhood, Whirlpool Corporation is also showcasing Whirlpool brand products in the Organized Living booth (KBIS booth W5952), the Virginia Tech FutureHAUS (KBIS booth S588), Jenn-Air brand products in Miralis (KBIS booth S5105) and will be a featured sponsor of the Production Builders Executive Club, located in the West Hall.
Featured products include:
- Jenn-Air® 30" Single Wall Oven with V2™ Vertical Dual-Fan Convection System (Miralis booth): The latest Jenn-Air® 30" Connected Wall Ovens feature wireless connectivity and a fully functioning application for IOS and Android devices. The app gives users control of the oven's functions and performance from their smartphones and tablets, including cooking innovations¹.
- Jenn-Air® 36" Fully Integrated Built-In Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator (Miralis booth): Featuring the brand's signature Obsidian interior, contents are dramatically illuminated against a sophisticated deep charcoal that offers a compelling contrast to traditional white interiors. This bottom-freezer refrigerator creates a fully flush, fully integrated design that blends into custom cabinetry.
- Whirlpool® 36-inch Wide French Door Refrigerator with Infinity Slide Shelves (Nest Home): Featuring integration with Nest Learning Thermostat™, this connected French door refrigerator allows users to care for their families and homes from their phone or tablet, thanks to remote control and other intuitive features of the CareSync™² system. Families entertaining at home can also activate Party Mode to trigger faster ice production and lower temperatures to anticipate loss of coolness with frequent opening and closing. This fridge offers the most shelf space in the industry3 and received Innovation Awards in the Home Appliances and Smart Home categories at CES 2016.
- Whirlpool® 4.2 cu. ft. Front Load Washer with Closet-Depth Fit4 (Nest Home, Organized Living Booth): A shallower depth provides a space-saving design, allowing flexible installation options. This front load washer, along with the HybridCare™ Heat Pump Dryer, received an International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2016 Innovation Award.
- KitchenAid® 44 dBA Dishwasher with Window and Lighted Interior (Ultimate Kitchen): This new, beautifully designed dishwasher features a tinted exterior window with chrome-inlaid frame and lighted interior that illuminates dishes upon completion of the washing cycle. It is ENERGY STAR® qualified and offers a quiet performance sound of 44dBa thanks to a built-in sound insulation system. This system includes sound-dampening components that contribute to a quiet home environment, ideal for an open floor plan.
- Maytag® 36-inch Wide Counter Depth French Door (55-Plus Home): This refrigerator offers classic Maytag dependability and is as hardworking as it is good looking. Featuring Maytag® Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel, this smudge-resistant suite of appliances can handle daily wear and tear and are easy to clean, so smears don't stick around. This French door refrigerator also features BrightSeries™ LED Lighting, engineered to cast a brighter, whiter light inside.
For more information, attendees can visit Whirlpool Corporation at booth P4 in the Outdoor Exhibits area, located outside behind the West Building of the Orange County Convention Center.
ABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com, or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
3 Among leading French door bottom mount refrigerator brands.
4 Designed to fit a 33" depth.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/whirlpool-corporation-highlights-consumer-focused-innovation-industry-expertise-at-design--construction-week-300387337.html
SOURCE Whirlpool Corporation